There is a definitive distinction between a generally messy or untidy environment and squalor. Squalor arises from extreme and prolonged neglect of a person's environment where their living conditions pose substantial health and safety risks to themselves, and all those in contact with that living environment.
If you want to know more, about how to help people living in squalor, there are resources below.
Who is this resource for?
- Workers engaging clients who present with hoarding and/or squalor issues.
- Carers of people living with hoarding and/or squalor.
- Anyone who believes they may be living in a hoarding and/or squalor situation.
- Introduction to Hoarding & Squalor
- Defining Hoarding & Squalor
- Client Referral Flow Chart
- Care Coordination
- Risk Management
- Client Engagement
|Download Resource PDF Now (3MB)