The main providers of adult education include:
- Community Learning Centres and Neighbourhood Houses
- TAFE Colleges
- The CENTRE FOR ADULT EDUCATION (CAE)
- OPEN UNIVERSITIES AUSTRALIA
- AMES AUSTRALIA
Universities and TAFE colleges have special criteria for the intake of mature age students. Check with individual institutions or VICTORIAN TERTIARY ADMISSIONS CENTRE (VTAC) which has information for non-school leavers who are considering a return to study.
MIGRANT ENGLISH SERVICES:
AMES AUSTRALIA offers English and work slills classes for new and recently arrived migrants, long-term unemployed and those needing English for further study. Other possible referrals for long time residents include, the CENTRE FOR ADULT EDUCATION (CAE), TAFE Colleges, Neighbourhood Houses or Community Learning Centres.
- For information on vocational training look at the heading for JOB TRAINING in this database or the entry for JOBACTIVE.
- The READING WRITING HOTLINE produces resources to help adult learners.
- Please click here for more information.